What has changed in the waterpark?
Our waterpark has plenty of fun to be had by all members of the family!
You will need to book online in advance (up to 28 days) as we have a reduced capacity and expect this to be popular.
When you arrive, please queue at reception as normal to be admitted to the changing village, please ensure you leave plenty of time to park and arrive at the facility not to be late and lose out on time in our waterpark. You can even grab a coffee or a cold drink in our Costa coffee before you enter the waterpark!
You'll then follow the Tommy turtle stickers to the changing village, where you'll be directed toward your cubicles and lockers, get changed and ready for your swim!
For more information on spectators, check out the rest of the FAQ's below!
Great news our member free swims are back, you can visit the Waterpark for free between 6-8pm when our full feature sessions are on, booking is essential which you can do online now. You also still get to use the waterpark on our Wednesday, Thursday and Friday general splash sessions for free - just remember to book in with the team beforehand on 01792 466500 or online here. You can now also come along to our Aquatot sessions for free as a member, perfect for you to bring little ones age 3 and under to. Book online here.
Can I use my Tesco Clubcard vouchers?
Our Tesco clubcard vouchers are currently on pause - if you have vouchers these will be extended as confirmed by Tesco but will not be available to use at present.
Can I still attend for free as a carer?
Carers can still attend for free as normal.
Should I pre-book my visit?
Yes, everyone should pre-book their visit to the Waterpark and it's so simple to do. You can pre-book your visit online here.
Just let the reception team know that you have pre-booked when you arrive.
How much does it cost if I want to spectate and not swim?
The LC is a family experience and so we encourage all the family to visit even if they do not want to take a dip. There is plenty of seating located in our cafe and this is FREE of charge! Why not enjoy a coffee and a cake whilst you're here from our Costa cafe?
Do you have lockers and how much do they cost?
Yes! Our lockers are in use, there are plenty of them for you to use in our changing village and you'll be directed towards which to use. The lockers take a £1 coin or trolley coin and you get get this back at the end of your swim.
What is your adult:child pool ratio?
- Children aged 3 years and under need one adult to supervise one child
- Children aged 4-7 years need one adult to supervise two children
- Children aged 8+ years are able to use the pool unaccompanied however any child who is not a confident swimmer must be supervised regardless of age
Does my child need to wear a swim nappy?
Under 2's must wear a swim nappy - don't worry if you forget to bring one you can buy one from reception!
Are there any parking facilities?
The LC is surrounded by a number of pay and display car parks which you can use, you can find out more about city centre parking here.
What swimwear should I wear?
For your own safety proper bathing attire is required. Please turn up 'beach ready' in your swimming costume under your clothing ready to make a splash! All items worn should be of swimwear materials including rash vests and Burkinis.
For hygienic reasons, undergarments should not be worn in the place of, or in addition to appropriate bathing attire.
Normal swim wear should be worn and must be proper swim wear material, t-shirts etc. are not permitted
Under 2's must wear a swim nappy.
How long do I get in the Waterpark?
The waterpark is a 1 hour and 45 minute experience, this includes time to change to get ready for the pool and time to shower and change afterwards.
How often do the waves come on?
Our famous waves come on every 20 minutes - just keep an eye on the timer in the wave pool!
If I forget something can I purchase it at the LC?
At the LC we stock a variety of swim related products, from swimwear to goggles, armbands to children swim jackets. Call our reception team on 01792 466500 to see if we have what you need.
You can also buy some face coverings here if you forget yours for just £1!
Do you have changing rooms?
We have a village style changing area to cater for all sizes of families with family size rooms and individual changing cubicles.
It is really important to us that you have as much fun as possible while you’re at the LC, but it is also really important to us that you stay safe.
Tommy the Turtle spends a lot of time at the LC and is good friends with the lifeguard team who will keep you safe while you are having fun but, they need your help.
Here are Tommy's top safety tips to help you have fun and be safe when you are in the LC Waterpark.
- Read all the signs in the waterpark they will help you to stay safe.
- Stay in your depth.
- Always walk around the pool.
- Don't dive – the LC waterpark isn't deep enough.
- Always follow the lifeguard's instructions.
- Don’t eat before you go swimming. Instead you can enjoy some yummy food in the LC Cafe afterwards.
Tips for parents
- Check how many lifeguards are on duty and where they are positioned.
- Do not leave your child unattended, even if they are wearing a swimming aid.
- If you or your child are feeling at all unwell do not start swimming. If you are already swimming, swim to the edge of the pool and alert a lifeguard.
- Remind your child to walk in the pool area and only to enter the water with you.
- Encourage your child to watch what the lifeguards do and begin to identify which activities in the pool are dangerous.
- Enrol your child in swimming or personal survival classes.
- Do not swim under the influence of alcohol or if you have taken illicit drugs.
- If taking prescription or over-the-counter medication, check whether it affects physical exercise or if it will cause drowsiness.
The waterpark rules are displayed on a number of signs around the changing village and waterpark. The rules are as follows;
- You must be 1.1m to ride any of the big slides and our Boardrider
- Slides are to be ridden one at a time only
- Each slide has variations of safety precautions, please make sure you read these before using them
- Please shower and use the toilets before entering the waterpark
- No running
- No shouting
- No fighting, bullying, pushing or ducking or throwing other bathers into the pools
- No diving, somersaults or jumping from the poolside or into shallow water
- No bombing
- No eating or drinking on the poolside
- No glassware
- No chewing gum
- No smoking
- No acrobatics
- No face masks, flippers or snorkels to be used within the waterpark
- No inflatable devices other than armbands, floats and tubes to be used within the waterpark
- No photography or mobile phones permitted
- No outdoor shoes permitted within the waterpark
- No petting
- Do not interfere with poolside lifesaving and rescue equipment or with ride controls
- Obey all lifeguard and poolside staff instructions
- Non-swimmers and weak swimmers must remain in areas of the pool where they can stand
- Child to Adult Ratios must be followed as below:
- All children under 8yrs must be accompanied by an adult
- Children 0-3 yrs must be 1 Adult to 1 Child
- Children 4-7yrs is 1 Adult to 2 Children
- Children 8 yrs and over can enter the pool by themselves
- Due to the nature of this waterpark, any child who cannot swim must also be accompanied
- Accompanying adults must not leave children under the age of 8 or children who cannot swim unattended or beyond eye contact
- Avoid swallowing water
- CCTV is in use throughout the waterpark
- Goggles, ear plugs and verruca socks are available for purchase at reception
- Please inform pool control if anyone in your group suffers a medical condition e.g epilepsy
- Customers with long hair, please ensure your hair is tied back at all times whilst swimming
- It is not permitted to wear tee shirts within the waterpark
- The pool hoist is permanently located within the waterpark. It is transferable between the Spa Pool and Lagoon. To use the pool hoist please inform Pool Control
- All waterpark users are required to wear the appropriate coloured bands and to leave the pool when announced. Users must return their band to the Pool Entry Control Desk when leaving the waterpark
- All swimmers are required to wear appropriate swim wear
- All swimmers must remove all jewellery before eentering the waterpark
Persons disobeying these rules may be asked to leave the premises.