Children under 8 must be supervised according to these ratios:
- Children aged 3yrs and under need one adult to supervise one child.
- Children aged 4-7 yrs need one adult to supervise two children.
- Children aged 8+yrs are able to use the pool unaccompanied however any child who is not a confident swimmer must be supervised regardless of age.
It is really important to us that you have as much fun as possible while you’re at the LC, but it is also really important to us that you stay safe.
Tommy the Turtle spends a lot of time at the LC and is good friends with the lifeguard team who will keep you safe while you are having fun but, they need your help.
Here are Tommy's top safety tips to help you have fun and be safe when you are in the LC Waterpark.
- Read all the signs in the waterpark they will help you to stay safe.
- Stay in your depth.
- Always walk around the pool.
- Don't dive – the LC waterpark isn't deep enough.
- Always follow the lifeguard's instructions.
- You must be 1.1m to go on the waterslides; if you are not quite tall enough you can visit Volcano Bay and the interactive pool instead!
- Don’t eat before you go swimming. Instead you can enjoy some yummy food in the LC Bistro afterwards.
Tips for parents
- Check how many lifeguards are on duty and where they are positioned.
- Do not leave your child unattended, even if they are wearing a swimming aid.
- If you or your child are feeling at all unwell do not start swimming. If you are already swimming, swim to the edge of the pool and alert a lifeguard.
- Remind your child to walk in the pool area and only to enter the water with you.
- Encourage your child to watch what the lifeguards do and begin to identify which activities in the pool are dangerous.
- Enrol your child in swimming or personal survival classes.
- Do not swim under the influence of alcohol or if you have taken illicit drugs.
- If taking prescription or over-the-counter medication, check whether it affects physical exercise or if it will cause drowsiness.
- Normal swim wear should be worn and must be proper swim wear material, t-shirts etc are not permitted
- Under 2's must wear a swim nappy.