The LC Blog
Welcome to our Blog, read what’s getting us excited these days...
26 July 2011
Amazing work is being done in the new spin studio, today the floor has been laid! Not long to go now, look out for news on our spin taster sessions starting on the 4th August!
26 July 2011
I’m Tommy the Turtle and I live at the LC in Swansea. I am 109 years old and absolutely love swimming. This summer I’ll be out and about at the LC trying out all the exciting things that are going on. I will take lots of pictures and tell you all about it right here!
I can’t believe how busy I’ve been already and it’s only the first week of the school holidays! Over the weekend I took part in some sports activities. Did you know that it’s only 1 year to go until the London 2012 Olympics start? The LC had an Olympic celebration, it was great fun! Yesterday I had a go on the dance mat. I wasn’t very good; I kept getting my feet in all the wrong places! I’ll have plenty of chances to practice though, because my friends at the LC tell me that the dance mats will be in reception every week. Next time they are there you should come and show me how it’s done!
So far my favourite thing has been seeing the magician. He was doing some crazy things with playing cards, foam balls and magical handkerchiefs; I might try to learn to do some magic myself.
I am really looking forward to meeting everyone that comes down to the LC this summer and I want to hear about what exciting things you have been up to.
I ‘m off for a go on the Boardrider now so will see you all soon!
25 July 2011
• Stand in an upright position with your feet shoulder width apart.
• Holding the weights in your hand down in front of you, making sure your palms are facing you.
• Bend the elbows and lift the weights up until they are chest height or slightly higher.
• Your elbows should be in line with the shoulders while keeping your wrists straight.
• Lower the weights down and repeat the movement.
25 July 2011
Today the Spin Studio has become purple! Work is progressing at a great pace!
24 July 2011
Full press ups
• Start on all fours with your feet wider than shoulder width apart
• Lift the knees up so that the weight is on your hands, make sure that your body is in a straight line and that your abs are contracted.
• Keep your core nice and strong, bend the arms and lower your body to the floor until your elbows are at a 90 degree angle
• Push back up and repeat the movement.
23 July 2011
Press ups on knees
• Start on all fours with the hands slightly wider than shoulder width apart.
• Position the knees so that they are back for the bum and that your weight is on your hands.
• Make sure that your back is flat and that your abs are contracted
• Bend the elbows and lower the body down towards the floor until the elbows are at a 90 degree angle.
• Push back up and repeat the exercise