The LC Blog
Welcome to our Blog, read what’s getting us excited these days...
6 August 2011
Single Arm Snatch
- Stand with your feet shoulder wideth apart and hold a weight in your left arm.
- Squat down, keeping the back straight and the abdominals contracted swing the weight between the knees.
- As you stand up, swing the weight overhead, keeping the arm straight.
- Lower the weight back down to the starting position.
5 August 2011
- Hold a weight in each arm with arms straight down, palms facing the thighs.
- Slowly lift arms up to shoulder height keeping elbows slightly bent.
- Slowly lower the arms down back to the start position and repeat the exercise.
- This exercise can also be done by alternating the arms.
- 3 sets of 15 reps.
4 August 2011
- Stand with feet shoulder width apart in an upright position, keeping your abs tight and shoulders relaxed.
- Holding a weight in each arm, bend to one side taking the weight just below knee height.
- Return to the centre and repeat the other side.
3 August 2011
- Sit holding a medicine ball or weight with the knees bemt.
- Lean back slightly, contracting the ads and keeping the back straight and the chest lifted.
- Rotate to the right, touching the medicine ball to the floor next to the hip.
- Come back to the centre and repeat the same on the left side.
3 August 2011
The LC Tour de France challenge really captured the imagination of gym members and the LC team during July with over 100 people having a go at the challenge. There were some fantastic scores and many personal bests made on both the Dragonfire and Outlaw Rock Courses on the espresso bikes!
This month’s winners are Raul Reisman and Cath Bingham for the Dragon Fire Course who scored times of 11:36mins and 17:02 minutes respectively. Raul scored the top time again for the Outlaw Rock circuit doing it in just 26:19 minutes while the ladies winner, Laura Eddy completed the course in 38:27mins. Congratulations to all of our winners! If you enjoyed this month’s challenge why not try out a Spin class in the very new spin studio!
As we head into August you may hear the gym team shouting ‘Drop and give me twenty’ at unsuspecting gym members as the gym challenge has taken on a distinctly military feel! The challenge LC Military Academy Challenge consist of 20 Burpees , 20 Press ups, 20 Squats, 20 Star Jumps and 20 Sit Ups followed by a 1k run which will be timed to give your overall score. If you are new to the gym and want to take part in the challenge you can opt to do 10 reps of each and run 500meters, ask the gym team for some top training tips to get you ready!
Good luck and remember ‘no pain, no gain’!
1 August 2011
- Stand with feet wider than shoulder width apart, pointing the toes out.
- With knees in line with toes, lower into a squat. Knees should be behind the toes.
- Push through the heels and lift back up to the start.
- This can be done with weights or without.
- Make sure you keep you back straight and abdomials contraced.
- 3 sets of 15 reps