The LC Blog
Welcome to our Blog, read what’s getting us excited these days...
29 July 2011
- Stand with feet shoulder width apart in an upright position, keeping your abs tight and shoulders relaxed.
- Holding a weight in each arm, bend to one side taking the weight just below knee height.
- Return to the centre and repeat on the other side
28 July 2011
- Sit holding a weight with your knees bent.
- Lean back slightly, contracting the abs and keeping the back straight and chest lifted.
- Rotate to the right, touching the medicine ball to the floor next to the hip.
- Come back to the centre and repeat the same on the left side.
- 3 sets of 15 reps
27 July 2011
• Lie on your back with your knees bent, placing your hands behind the head.
• Bring the knees up towards your chest and lift the shoulder blades of the floor by a couple of inches.
• Remember not to pull on the back of the neck.
• Straightening the right leg out keeping it on off the floor, take the right elbow to meet the left leg, turning the body slightly.
• Repeat the movement the other side taking the left elbow to the right knee.
26 July 2011
• Start in a seated position with your feet hips and knees in line, and your back straight.
• Holding a weight with both hands place the weight behind the head.
• Keep your elbows close to the ears
• Push the weight up over the head keeping the elbows slightly bent, squeezing the triceps tight.
• Bring the weight back down behind the head and repeat the movement.
26 July 2011
Amazing work is being done in the new spin studio, today the floor has been laid! Not long to go now, look out for news on our spin taster sessions starting on the 4th August!
26 July 2011
I’m Tommy the Turtle and I live at the LC in Swansea. I am 109 years old and absolutely love swimming. This summer I’ll be out and about at the LC trying out all the exciting things that are going on. I will take lots of pictures and tell you all about it right here!
I can’t believe how busy I’ve been already and it’s only the first week of the school holidays! Over the weekend I took part in some sports activities. Did you know that it’s only 1 year to go until the London 2012 Olympics start? The LC had an Olympic celebration, it was great fun! Yesterday I had a go on the dance mat. I wasn’t very good; I kept getting my feet in all the wrong places! I’ll have plenty of chances to practice though, because my friends at the LC tell me that the dance mats will be in reception every week. Next time they are there you should come and show me how it’s done!
So far my favourite thing has been seeing the magician. He was doing some crazy things with playing cards, foam balls and magical handkerchiefs; I might try to learn to do some magic myself.
I am really looking forward to meeting everyone that comes down to the LC this summer and I want to hear about what exciting things you have been up to.
I ‘m off for a go on the Boardrider now so will see you all soon!