The LC Blog
Welcome to our Blog, read what’s getting us excited these days...
25 July 2011
• Stand in an upright position with your feet shoulder width apart.
• Holding the weights in your hand down in front of you, making sure your palms are facing you.
• Bend the elbows and lift the weights up until they are chest height or slightly higher.
• Your elbows should be in line with the shoulders while keeping your wrists straight.
• Lower the weights down and repeat the movement.
25 July 2011
Today the Spin Studio has become purple! Work is progressing at a great pace!
24 July 2011
Full press ups
• Start on all fours with your feet wider than shoulder width apart
• Lift the knees up so that the weight is on your hands, make sure that your body is in a straight line and that your abs are contracted.
• Keep your core nice and strong, bend the arms and lower your body to the floor until your elbows are at a 90 degree angle
• Push back up and repeat the movement.
23 July 2011
Press ups on knees
• Start on all fours with the hands slightly wider than shoulder width apart.
• Position the knees so that they are back for the bum and that your weight is on your hands.
• Make sure that your back is flat and that your abs are contracted
• Bend the elbows and lower the body down towards the floor until the elbows are at a 90 degree angle.
• Push back up and repeat the exercise
22 July 2011
• Stand with your feet shoulder width apart and bend at the hips until you are at a 45 degree angle.
• Keep your knees slightly bent and your abs tight
• Hold your weights and drop your arms down straight in front without locking the elbows
• Bend the elbows and bring the weights up towards you, elbows should come up until they are in line with your torso.
• Lower and repeat the exercise
21 July 2011
- Start in a seated postion slightly bent forward with your feet together
- Start with a weight in each hand and drop the arms down in front with the weight under the knees.
- Keeping the back nice and straight and the abs contracts, raise the arm up to shoulder height, squeezing the shoulder blades together.
- Make sure that you keep the elbows bent.
- Lower the arms back down to the starting position and repeat the exercise.