South Wales' premier family attraction is home to the Boardrider!
The first of its kind in Wales, the indoor Boardrider is a unique ride, unlike anything experienced before!!
The Boardrider is an indoor surf simulator, allowing beginners to learn how to ride the waves safely, under the instruction of trained professionals. Situated at the heart of the LC’s Waterpark riders can choose to boogie board or try their hand at real surfing on a never ending wave.
Instructors will help you develop technique and balance whilst experiencing the thrill of the wave – the ride is never the same twice.
Alex Greenslade is one of the Instructors for the LC’s Boardrider, here are his 5 top reasons why indoor surfing beats outdoor:
- Control: You have more control over what you’re doing when you are on the Boardrider – the sea can be so unpredictable but the continuous wave allows you that additional control over your board. This is ideal for beginners who are getting used to the sport.
- Tuition: We can offer 1 to 1 tuition on the Boardrider as you ride the wave, advising on technique and balance so you get the most out of your experience. We find it’s also ideal not only for beginners but for the more seasoned surfer to keep up their hobby especially during the winter months when the Welsh weather is not quite so accommodating
- Guaranteed Surf: As fantastic as our coastline is, it is inevitable that some days the surf is flat. Fortunately, you won’t have to worry about the surf conditions at the LC as we have a continuous wave just waiting to be ridden
- Equipment: No need to buy wetsuits, longboards or any of the equipment needed to surf, we have everything you need here at the LC, and hire is free with the use of the Boardrider. All of the equipment is poolside too, so no carrying heavy boards or prior preparation needed.
- Temperatures: Our water is much warmer than the sea, with the added bonus of warm showers to use afterwards.