South Wales' premier family attraction is home to the Legendary Boardrider!
Opening times and prices
Great news we are extending our opening times this Easter Holidays...from Monday 8th April - Friday 12th April you can enjoy full feature sessions in our Waterpark along with the Boardrider from 1:30pm-8pm, the Climbing Wall will be open from 12pm-6pm (8pm on Fridays) and the Play Area from 10am-6pm (8pm on Fridays) . Then from Saturday 13th April - Sunday 28th April the Waterpark and Boardrider will be open daily from 9am-8pm and the Climbing Wall and Play Area from 10am-6pm.
Don't forget you can pre-book your visit online here or by LC by calling us on 01792 466500.
Please note that there is a minimum height requirement of 1.1m for the Boardrider and all sessions are 20minutes long with a maximum of 4 people per session
PEAK - Weekends, School Holidays and Bank Holidays( please see here for local School Term Dates)
|£5 per person (£4.50 if you upgrade your Waterpark visit to include the Waterpark)||9am-8pm|
OFF PEAK - Monday - Friday during term time (please see here for local School Term Dates)
|£3.50 per person||4-8pm|
Boardrider Club: Saturdays 9-10am
A fun Boardider session designed for children to learn the techniques and skills of mastering the Boardrider with a qualified instructor.
Suitable for ages 16 years and younger, minimum height requirement of 1.1m.
This is a course and booked in blocks of 10 sessions - each session costs just £5. Call 01792 466500 for more information or to book your space.
The Boardrider is an indoor surf simulator, allowing beginners to learn how to ride the waves safely, under the instruction of trained professionals. Situated at the heart of the LC’s Waterpark riders can choose to boogie board or try their hand at real surfing on a never ending wave. Instructors will help you develop technique and balance whilst experiencing the thrill of the wave – the ride is never the same twice.
James Dyer is one of the Instructors for the LC’s Boardrider, here are his 5 top reasons why indoor surfing beats outdoor:
- Control: You have more control over what you’re doing when you are on the Boardrider – the sea can be so unpredictable but the continuous wave allows you that additional control over your board. This is ideal for beginners who are getting used to the sport.
- Tuition: We can offer 1 to 1 tuition on the Boardrider as you ride the wave, advising on technique and balance so you get the most out of your experience. We find it’s also ideal not only for beginners but for the more seasoned surfer to keep up their hobby especially during the winter months when the Welsh weather is not quite so accommodating
- Guaranteed Surf: As fantastic as our coastline is, it is inevitable that some days the surf is flat. Fortunately, you won’t have to worry about the surf conditions at the LC as we have a continuous wave just waiting to be ridden
- Equipment: No need to buy wetsuits, longboards or any of the equipment needed to surf, we have everything you need here at the LC, and hire is free with the use of the Boardrider. All of the equipment is poolside too, so no carrying heavy boards or prior preparation needed.
- Temperatures: Our water is much warmer than the sea, with the added bonus of warm showers to use afterwards.